Wednesday 2 June 2010

Changing

"La Donna e Mobile", Verdi wrote (well, his librettist did, Verdi just came up with the kick-ass tune). He meant that women are fickle, they change their minds and play manipulative games with their menfolk. I don't need to do that, but I do feel changeable right now.

I've been with my man for over twenty years. We've had careers (not over yet, I hope), moved houses, raised children - all the normal things that couples do. Our marriage was taking the common trajectory to dotage. And then, one day, we had a Conversation. And it turned out that he had some ideas.

I took a lot of convincing. And I took the plunge. A lot has changed, and a lot is still changing. It's quite a story so far, and it's only just started.

Want to hear?

1 comment:

  1. of course we want to hear. it all sounds exciting.
    andofire

    ReplyDelete